Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Music is My Passion

I’m DaZa, and music is my passion. My whole life revolves around music. I grew up belting Beatles and Red Hot Chili Peppers, mushing over Ramones and ABBBA, and mixing tapes of Beeges and Bread. I even used The Carpenters and The Smiths to woe a cute, quite delusional cheerleader back in junior high. The Flower Power Era much influenced my music taste. One can say that I am obsessed with music, no, I am very, very crazy for music.

 

I am a binge listener, and I am not picky either. Be it techno, pop, alternative rock, and country and rock. Name it, and we could spend all the year talking about music alone.  Because of my voracious hunger for music, I had gained so friends. I even formed a band in college, and I could say without any bias that we were pretty famous back then. It had so much seeped into my life that I made a living out of my passion.

 

I view music in different angles. Whenever I listen to music, I imagine colors bursting in my blank mind. Sometimes music transports me to different places. The nostalgia is quite hard to explain. But whenever I talk with fellow music lovers, there is this unspoken understanding between us. No words could paint these colors, and I believe that every individual as well has different variations of their music experience.

 

Music makes you express the inexpressible, makes you see something that is beyond the usual. It makes leaping on air an easy task. It is a universal language. Every culture, religion and language meets halfway through music. It is like listening to old stories of various people and their experience. It is a shared and communal understanding, and it existed along humanity. What differences other people may have could be easily bridged by music alone.

 

Because I love music, I had been mixing tracks with MP3, CD, Tape and all the like and I would like to share them with everyone else. I do not consider myself as a connoisseur of music, but I would love to accept any criticisms should any of you find any, and I welcome them with open arms and cherry smile. I believe that one must accept criticism in order to be best in their chosen career, and I would like you people to be a part of my growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment